Saturday 17 December 2016

My First Music Video To Surpass 20,000 Views

Tonight on Jake's Showcase https://youtube.com/JakesShowcase my Video "Food For Work - Sobeys Value Meal and Dessert" https://youtu.be/8pctJD1JJcU is at 8266 Views 798 Likes 27 Dislikes.
The news today clearly is that my music video "Jake Johnston - "Just Like a Lullaby" https://youtu.be/aYLOwQCmNrU is my first music video to surpass 20,000 views currently at 20,027 Views 1160 Likes 62 Dislikes.
Wow, 20,000 views. For a music video. Wow. Now that's nothing to sneeze at. Remember, I have no advertising or networking whatsoever. And no professional equipment sound, computer or otherwise whatsoever. Just me on my couch and my guitar a song I wrote and sung, 20,000 wow.
Now remember I have 46 music video up right now and many have had well under 1000 views. Each were all the same idea. I simply get inspired sit on my couch with my coffee a pen and my lined $1.25 dollarama binder paper in any given morning, Mondays and Tuesdays being my favorite to write and write words that the sun, mood and rhymes tell me and think of the tune.
I then like to play at least one take before I go out or at least that day and depending may take second or third or more takes days later until I have enough variations that I feel I have a broad spectrum to choose from or that my fingers bleed or seize up from playing.
I then listen to each variation again and again and do a scorecard of how much I liked it and a brief note for each of what I did and didn't like about it. I then narrow down and narrow down until I have the two best and choose what I think is the best.
It's the overall process that is so key. Bob Dylan apparently wrote his first 13 song record in 3 days. Eminem apparently wrote his hit song "Loose Yourself" on his way into the studio when his producer said they wanted a theme song for his "Loose Yourself" movie and they wanted it that day.
Your see music writer's can write and I can write. We're poets. We're poets and we know it.
Sure I could pump out a song a week or two songs a day or ect, ect, ect but on YouTube this wouldn't work. Especially on my YouTube diversity channel but on YouTube overall it just wouldn't fly.
Look at most vevo channels it can be months in between big artists songs, even years You need to stagger it really, really far apart with music. It doesn't mean the music is not there it's just not right to put up a song a week.
Will I get to be a rockstar? Could I already be a rockstar, just very very little, unknown and unheralded....hum, I think so.
Don't worry the ship will be righted someday. Something will pop, record companies will call, then a lot of record companies will call, call and call some more. "The music, the moment, never let it go." Remember I'm from the hood. We don't have a lot to hope for, so we use our imaginations.
Love you darling,
Have a Wonderful Day or Night Fans,
Jake Johnston jakesshowcase@gmail.com 

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, you really are from the "Hood" Jake! You're such a bad boy type of guy. You know, unemployed, does what he wants, has allthe chicks (ok well not you) but you know what I mean. Like just last night I was listening to the radio and mor than one person requested the dj to play that Jake Johnson song so you better be ready any day now those record label guys will come breaking down your door!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.