Saturday 12 November 2016

These Are Special Days In YouTube History...For Me

Tonight on Jake's Showcase https://youtube.com/JakesShowcase my video "Last Minute US Election 2016 Absentee Ballot - What A Dilemma!" https://youtu.be/d4NFWJuj_iA is at 22,947 Views 684 Likes 18 Dislikes.
I write a second Saturday Night in a row. Truly these are special days in YouTube History for me.
Really I've meant to write Wednesday, Thursday and Friday but due to exhaustion from labor intensive work, finding out I was rejected yet again for another high class job I was testing for and just I couldn't  get around to it so I left it until now.
Where to begin? So much good happening.on YouTube for me.
Sure why not, lets start with music. My song "Jake Johnston - "It's Getting Harder" https://youtu.be/nMRwhtrx73I currently at 13,644 Views 467 Likes 33 Dislikes has rocketed from the first to pass 5,000 views to passing 10,000 views and beyond within a week. Amazing. Remember I have no tools, no equipment, nothing. Some highly produced music videos don't get that and that magic number 10,000 views as I've mentioned before is the very minimum baseline definition of a viral video. 13,644 views, oh wow.
Of note my second place song "Jake Johnston  - "One, Two, Three, For the Dreamers" https://youtu.be/zdFaDdsretU currently at 4608 views 161 Likes 30 Dislikes may be my second song to pass 5,000 views and my third place song "Jake Johnston  - Sunfest "Still Going Back For You" https://youtu.be/yA_3SPHt7SY currently at 2538 views 102 Likes to 34 Dislikes.
Just like a few weeks ago I'd never had a song over 2000 views and was ecstatic to have one song pass it let alone three.
But that's not all folks. In fact the bigger picture is far more interesting.
On the 11th of November 2016 my channel surpassed 2,000,000 views across the channel. Interestingly this is exactly 8 months after March 11, 2016 when I passed 1,000,000 earlier this year. As of tonight Jake's Showcase is at 2,187,410 views as it rockets up (all proportionate to my channel size). This is spectacular, amazing, incredible, all those things combined. Da, di, da, di, da, di, da.
And....The subscriber count. I passed 10,000 subscribers, remember my goal was 1,000 and am now at 12,541 as up she goes with the subscriber count too.
My Social Blade Ranking has gone from over 750,000th a couple months ago to within the top 100,000 YouTubers now at 58,324. You can't write this stuff. What is happening.
And the cool part is that for the vast majority part it has been positive comments, likes and people who like me who have been pouring in. A couple wankers here and there, to be expected but they're not the majority. The good guys and girls are winning (ie people who support and like me).
I've had enough bulling to fill 100 lifetimes and don't wish it on anyone and I'm happy I've found people who support me, my channel, my personal and professional growth. Again, wouldn't it be amazing to simply make a career on YouTube. Have a super dope channel and enough to pay all monthly bills and beyond.
No, Patreon is not for me, YouTube is. It will all work out. I don't know, why, how or what will happen that will ensure I'm fine money wise but I just have to keep going. Don't get hurt, like my fingers cut off  or back broken for 6 more weeks and keep going.
OK I'll say it again, imagine Little Jakie with noting gets 100,000,000 views from nothing? Now I'm still 98,000,000 short but hey the channel has doubled and I've never been one who is afraid to dare to dream.
Dream of the future, the money pouring in, many fans, maybe even enough demand to have fan meetings....which I wouldn't consider until past 25,000,000 views. The possibilities are endless.
Yep, I'm still that poor guy. I'm still that beat up, poor skinny guy with no equipment, advertising, actors, actresses, camera people, producers, make up people. I'm just happy with my coffee, water and cigarette.
Darling, these are great days. My Love is strong and the elemental lights that display that love are slowly coming back on. I've never been gone, I've always been here and I've always held you closest to my heart.
Smile darling, and know, I'm thinking of you. Kiss.
Love me,
Have a Wonderful Day or Night Fans,
Jake Johnston jakesshowcase@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Please make a donation page, we would like to support your career searching and all the hard work you put into your youtube channel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please make a donation page, we would like to support your career searching and all the hard work you put into your youtube channel!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.