Tuesday 15 November 2016

"Jake Johnston - "Just Like a Lullaby"" Released

Tonight on Jake's Showcase https://youtube.com/JakesShowcase I have just released "Jake Johnston - "Just Like a Lullaby" https://youtu.be/aYLOwQCmNrU currently at 64 Views 14 Likes 9 Dislikes. It was the seventh of seven shots or takes and it was with spotlight, overhead, lamp and natural lighting.
This one I actually went with the last take and it was really more like 15 attempts but only seven full songs came out and while there was some magic to the first one I thought the overall effect was best here.
People may not realize that besides writing, preforming and recording you then have to listen to all your takes and think, which is best? Best beat, best voice, best look, I grade them all and then do a process of elimination and listen to each song very closely because many sound very much the same except for the smallest of nuances. This variation it was very straightforward with fewest mistakes, sometimes simply the lack of mistakes or major mistakes is all I'm looking for. I think the songs well done all things considering.
Well, what a risk I took by putting out a music video this week. This weeks video may have been my most highly anticipated video in Jake's Showcase history as the recent explosion of viewer growth means alot more at stake....and I went with music?
You see over the past 28 days I have had over 1,000,000 views at about 1,002,000 and a huge surge in subscribers now over 13,000 and this is all new. Why with all that new viewership and subscribers did I choose a music video when I have more maybe "electric" videos at my disposal.
It's because I love music. And I think I'm alright. And....my last music video did get over 15,000 views in the past 5 or 6 weeks which is a sign that some like my music too.
You know, I know maybe I should have gone with a vlog or something non music but in a way it was a statement to myself if nothing else that on Jake's Showcase, I make what I want, I put out the type of video that I want.
I've slowly but surely caught on based on my sort of independent out of the box  thinking towards life and YouTube, that variety channel where you never know what's next....not cookie cutter. The people who like me and my channel for real like that brashness.
I will teach you a couple things I have learned though. Doing videos with a timed theme to what's going on in the world really works well. My last two about the Election and Halloween, during each thing respectively gains it's own natural audience. But at this moment there's nothing big going on until Thanksgiving over a week away so I figured let's drop a song.
I like this song too. Could I get another 5,000 viewed song? Maybe. That would be cool, show some consistency.
Don't worry though I've got lots of other video ideas too and look forward to putting out them and creating new ones as time passes.
To tired to talk about real life right now, but I have a feeling all this work and effort is going to pay off somehow.
Love me,
Have a Wonderful Day or Night Fans,
Jake Johnston jakesshowcase@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.