Tuesday 6 September 2016

"Jake Johnston - "One, Two, Three, For the Dreamers" Released

Tonight on Jake's Showcase https://youtube.com/JakesShowcase I have just released "Jake Johnston  - "One, Two, Three, For the Dreamers" https://youtu.be/zdFaDdsretU currently at 7 Views 1 Like and 2 Dislikes. It was taken like 15 times but only 8 full versions over 2 days and it was the second cut or take that I went with giving most overall good impact on me and I hope on viewers as well.
I think this song is well done. Given my constraints of course may be one of my best. I'm prepared for this video to be initially trashed with dislikes and comments but move forward without concern as I love writing and playing music. This song was written in a park as the tune, jam and inspiration were just flowing out of me with the scenic surrounding I then went home and took 4 takes.
Usually I sort of computerize style sit on a Monday morning on my couch and write and shoot all at once but here it was a total flow thing with the words and then me just wanting to nail down the tune while the idea was fresh in my head and put it on video.
Oh where do I get my musical inspirations from. Well that's your fun part.
Tosh.0 contacted me again this morning for the 5th time wanting me to be on there show still. They had lowered there pay price from a year ago and I triggered their memory of what we had left it at. I was most curious about getting a regular gig with them, as a side kick or a role player. Like a legit gig, real staff, real crew, real salary or pay not the piece work their offering. An 8 minute skit is nothing for them but for me my life would be transformed as they make fun of me.
My price is 10x higher then the offer. I want enough money to be made fun of to allow me to move if I do a simple skit. Otherwise a real gig where I can be paid enough to live and work in LA like any other full time comedy show actor. Think me and Daniel intermixing on a regular basis. I bring a body, frame, flexibility in potential characters I would play with other guests that would be unsurpassed by any other they come into contact with. I know this. My potential not just for this show but for any real gig is tremendous.
I could easily be in a movie. Think from the creatives standpoint. They'd love a character like me who can be little santa, james dean, a female, a skinny workout dude, fella on guitar, a yogi....I haven't even touched the surface of the characters I've done on this channel. And there's so many more.
A malleable, unique character that can do it like nobody else is a dream come true for screenwriters. A true passionate to boot.
Well I doubt I'll do it, I don't think they'll give me enough.
Plus I am still waiting for my big job to hopefully pull through, no word yet. That's the golden goose.
Where will they put me if so, London would remain my first choice Toronto second but I'll go anywhere.
And then would I stop with a stable job...I don't know. What's my true passion.
Am I meant to be a performer or was the preforming just a way to get legitimized and stabilized in society.
With this job I would finally be stable...for good.
And I do love you, even if sometimes it's not apparent. Even if sometimes I cannot express myself. Even if the cold winds or rejection have clouded me and shut me down inter personally. Know it's all only temporary, I'm still in that shell of a man you see, my passion burns bright.
The most beautiful girl in the world is the one for me and that darling is you.
Love me,
Have a Wonderful Day or Night Fans,
Jake Johnston jakesshowcase@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Jake, someone has been stealing your videos and using them as their own! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30w97-mTHtE

    You need to do something about this!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.