Sunday 10 April 2016

Still Needing More Confidence

Tonight on Jake's Showcase http://youtube.com/JakesShowcase my video "Jake Johnston - "Cheating Man" https://youtu.be/IAkevS6FGZM is at 663 Views 32 Likes 5 Dislikes.
A somewhat extended absence blog wise for a song video, I realize the only thing exciting when a song is up is maybe the blog, did not deter from a relatively very good week channel wise with only Friday being adsense views of under 2000, Interestingly it was that day that I put up my most popular Facebook post ever with 37 Likes....and I thought that would cause more flow through to the channel.
Honestly I don't know the correlation or lack of correlation between Facebook and Twitter and blogs and how a video does. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, the internet has a mind of it's own.
In Toronto twice this past week on Tuesday and Saturday. While the relatively simple road trip from London Ontario may seem minor to some it is actually a huge breakthrough for me as it significantly breaks my pattern and shakes up my worldview which had become very monolithic and small.
In Toronto my mileau is the up and coming upper middle class professionals. I feel at ease and though they are my proper peers. I had a lot of fun to. I'm well liked and respected. In many sort of technical ways Toronto seems like the natural step, many have taken it, relatives and friends alike.
But honestly I was happy to be home and warm both nights as I'm a simple guy with simple needs and I like to know where the bathroom is in my sleep.
Watched a Bobby Dylan song tonight, enjoyed it. Reminded me, simplicity, while complex. This latest song is pretty good that way, I can see my confidence lacked in singing it but the words and the thoughts were pretty darn good. My singing confidence, confidence in my music as it develops takes a while and cannot be hidden behind the live capture of the camera. The camera tells all. I need to be more confident and get it out there to really make it zip.
The final days of the total chill are just about gone and by Wednesday and beyond 10 degrees and higher are predicted which should allow me out of the weather trapped interior I sit. I really look forward to getting out and feeling relaxed and being able to dress nicer. The spring is coming, please hurry.
Have a Wonderful Day or Night Fans,
Jake Johnston jakesshwocase@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.