Tuesday 19 April 2016

Jake Johnston - "Big City, Big Smoke" Released

Tonight on Jake's Showcase http://youtube.com/JakesShowcase I have just released my video "Jake Johnston  - "Big City, Big Smoke" https://youtu.be/vEpFfzWPX3U currently at 6 Views 1 Likes 4 Dislikes. It was single shot with spotlight overhead and natural lighting I believe it was the 6th of 7 takes.
You know there's something about doing anything in a public spotlight that is different then any other experience you have those who dislike you. What can you do? Try to win them over or ignore or both. Abe Lincoln said "You can please some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time but you cannot please all of the people all of the time."
Honestly yeah I'm a bit sensitive to an initial fast dislike rush but I've toughened up over the years.
Especially with this song, it's great. Fast, great words, pretty well executed, really given the lack of tools to perfect it like even a mic, mixer, voice enchantment equipment. I love the message of the song too.
A quick reminder to those who have forgotten this song was done a week ago as I'm always a week a head. But I was thinking about that there's a bit of a problem of doing your song a week a head in that once you headline it it is not the most freshest and pervasive issue going on with you at that moment, a touch stale.
In the past I would do my songs on Fridays and upload the next Wednesdays and that keep it fresher to what's up with me now but these days I've been doing the stuff on a Monday so it's like 8 days away from release and feels a bit dated and I may delay it and revert back to making the song that I make with only 4 days advance of release, sure more pressure on me but fresher.
And no, no, that's not the end of the showcase as you've known it. There's more different material on tap, got it all lined up when and how it will be released, at least 3 videos already ready but for the moment the music theme continues.  
I have a deep broad strategy that has formed as I've tried with the music over the past several weeks of how and when I yet again shift.
My bother, back home again today, asked me tonight what my favorite video was. I really don't know. I like to say there all my favorite. Now this one here clearly lights me up, in a special way.
Beauties abound in this lovely weather, but darling you are the most beautiful of all.
Love Me,
Have a Wonderful Day or Night Fans,
Jake Johnston jakesshowcase@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.