Wednesday 6 January 2016

"Dreams - The Other Side - Follow Your Dreams, Literally" Released

Tonight on Jake's Showcase http://youtube.com/jakesshowse I have just released "Dreams  - The Other Side -  Follow Your Dreams, Literally" https://youtu.be/yCeX4CKTcwg currently at 3 views 1 Like 0 Dislike. It was two takes, this the second with natural and spotlight lighting.
Wow, it's so, so late and hour and a half later. When I got home today I discovered my intended video which I released was not monetized and I went into a panic. This being the third week since YouTube has switched it's monitization format from the green and white dollar signs to the new blue and white signs which it is currently. In the past when I would upload on Sundays I would know that my video was monetized on Sunday and relax for Wednesday's release. After 3 weeks of my successful monetized uploads since I just disregarded it as a time lag and assumed that everything I put up would be monetized as it had been.
However, tonight when I got home my video "Jake and The World Trade Center" was not monetized or not eligible to be monetized and I do not know how many people actually viewed the video in the two hour gap but the like to dislikes were 9 to 0 and the channel was strong.
Instinctively I simple deleted the video. A hardcore part of Jake's Showcase has been that all the videos will be legit and monetize capable. This means I can make money off the videos and that YouTube can run ads on the videos.
Why was it not monetizable? Should I try any variety of tricks to get it monetized? I quickly and decisively deleted it. Don't fight or argue with YouTube. For whatever reason, they didn't want to monetize it to my disappointment and wasted time. I have to stay in good standing with YouTube. I've worked for so long, so hard always staying on their good side, I learned long ago, just shut up and delete it and try again. So I deleted it. This channel is staying in good standing.
By the way "Jake and the world trade center" was 54 shots and over 14 minutes it took about 5 hours to create and I thought it would be a real winner, a key story in my life. Nonetheless, it's gone.
But then I panicked, what do I do, I have to have a video out on Wednesdays it's been a absolute cornerstone for me every week for over 3.5 years.
Luckily I over the Christmas holidays I had created 7 additional videos in inventory. Totally exhausted I choose to release this one because it was the second shortest one and the shortest I planned on putting out at some point for sure, the shortest may never be published.  
So now with this video "Dreams  - The Other Side -  Follow Your Dreams, Literally" up live and monetized I can peacefully sleep.
I wanted to talk more about my current situation but am too tired. May write again without a video in the next couple days. It is now 3:41am. Keep strong solider, your prize awaits you.
Have a Wonderful Day or Night Fans,
Jake Johnston jakesshowcase@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.