Tuesday 25 November 2014

"Relapse What To Do - Quit Drinking Alcohol Quit Drugs For Real" Released

Tonight on Jake's Showcase http://youtube.com/JakesShowcase I have just released "Relapse What To Do - Quit Drinking Alcohol Quit Drugs For Real"http://youtu.be/MYjdWk7253M currently at 0 views 1 Like 0 Dislikes. It was single shot with lamp and spotlight lighting
Relapse, a topic I know oh to well, is another key aspect of quitting drinking and drugs. I have "gone back out" several hundred times in my past and it is just likely a reality of overcoming addiction.
So how do you handle it? Well I try to explain it here in this video.
Many times people want to tell you about the benefits and the "joys" that come through quitting drinking and drugs but few will address relapse. It's just brushed under the rug.
Many people who relapse don't make it back for another chance to get clean.
Often what I find is as I did get sober I would often look for an opportunity to give myself an excuse. Sometimes it was a solid reason and sometimes it wouldn't take much for me to say "enough with this" and start again.
I remember when my stint on sobriety would last about 5 minutes when I would wake up hung over to promise to not drink again and by the time I sat up I thought "enough of this."
So for people like me it's not far removed it's never far removed and clearly it would be wonderful if it was as simple as one day at a time but that's just too far a time frame.
However to understand our love of drinking and drugging is to understand that we're never very far away from starting again.
Hope this video is helpful to those in need,
Have A Wonderful Day or Night Fans,
Jake Johnston jakesshowcase@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.