Tuesday 4 April 2017

Jake Johnston - "Tree Tops" Released

Tonight on Jake's Showcase https://youtube.com/JakesShowcase I have just released "Jake Johnston  - "Tree Tops" https://youtu.be/eWMyAPhpucM currently at 32 Views 6 Likes 1 Dislike. It was the 8th of 13 takes with spotlight overhead and natural lighting.
In this song I attempted to play it several different ways and styles to try to match the song how it was suppose to sound in my head. In fact I gave a full efforts in trying it this way and that way. It came down to the 8th vs the 9th take as being the best and after listening again and again and again and grading each I chose this non pick version as encompassing the spirit, energy and emotion the best.
In this song you have to sort of walk with me, the way I do frequently through the parks and forests, look where I look and hum this song as you do. Feel the presence of my friends the way I do.
Of course it's the trees that I'm attracted to, I spend so much time with them they are my great friends and allies. The birds and animals too.
We hang out, in the sun, the rain, the snow, the wind....me and my tree top friends.
Art is a journey. It is a journey in space and distance, but it is also a journey into the soul and mind. The spirit of art is alive.
Whenever you do or present your art publicly the whole world changes...as that which is you and capable of being seen and judged. Artists are risk takers, as they have to find the art in them and bring it out and that is an emotional risk within themselves.
When I'm just hanging out with the big old trees, you see such a bigger picture. Love, life, way.
These are the best places to be in my opinion. Not simply for artists but for human beings in general, being in and around nature teaches, heals, calms.
Breath deep, look at what you see, watch, be there with them, all of them and watch things make more and more sense.
Love me,
Have a Wonderful Day or Night Fans,
Jake Johnston jakeshowcase@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.