Tuesday 25 April 2017

Jake Johnston - "Don't Break My Heart, In The Middle Of The Park" Released

Tonight on Jake's Showcase https://youtube.com/JakesShowcase I have just released "Jake Johnston - "Don't Break My Heart, In The Middle Of The Park" https://youtu.be/yhpwAKj4KuU currently at 26 Views 4 Likes 3 Dislikes. It was 6-18 takes with spotlight, lamp and overhead lighting.
I say 6-18 takes because I did at least 6 full song variations but it was at least 18 start stop variations where I got frustrated in the song, missed a word or beat and stopped short. Musicians would understand this where you don't mind missing just a touch to add to the sort of real dynamism of a single framed video but when it's too much of a miss you don't want or need to play the whole song out to already know it's not the one.
I tried again 2 acapella variations here too but the addition of the guitar really adds to this song. The truth is with a finely produced music video any small blip can and would be eliminated because you can go note by note, verse by verse and blend the whole thing at the end for the best of this and the best of that until the entire song is perfect.
Look at music studios and the videos they produce they sing this part and that part again and again maybe the whole song straight is never even sung just here and there and blend. Music videos have the added bonus of being able to create not just the music but the visuals along with it. Columbia, Time Warner, Sony, Universal are able to make the song perfect and blend it in with the visuals that would be a nice accompaniment, lip sync it over and come out with a perfect product.
This is a bit more but not perfectly concert style. Like if your up on a stage and play this sort of single unedited frame would be the feel. Grant it all the 17 others that I didn't pick including if it was the acapella style mistake ridden versions would also come out. And if your on a stage you cant' just stop playing and say "this aint the one". So here you do have some control but not complete control of what your able to put out.
Annotations are going away after this week of little note to anyone who's not a YouTuber. I have been diligent to placing my "subscribe to my channel" in blue in the top right corner and my "click like" in the bottom left for the last 13 seconds of each video. A key piece to format stability and call to action I learned from the best of the best because I do not know how to use cards I will either abandon that or learn cards.
You know you always want to make your video as if your making your last ever video because you never know it may be. You want to be satisfied that if this is the last video I do then I am happy with it. With this video in particular I am satisfied with it. I feel like I pour it all out on the table here. The song was powerful, the heart was really there and it was well executed.
So this is how you want to live your art in whichever form it takes. Put it all out there hold back nothing, live the passion, in my case, love the camera and let the internet decide.
We the artists have this as our duty, to the world and to ourselves.
Love me,
Have a Wonderful Day or Night Fans,
Jake Johnston jakesshowcase@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.