Wednesday 4 January 2017

"MY FIRST EVER FAN MAIL - Tasting UK Treats Ooh La La!!" Released

Tonight on Jake's Showcase https://youtube.com/JakesShowcase I have just released "MY FIRST EVER FAN MAIL - Tasting UK Treats Ooh La La!!" https://youtu.be/44Gti7PhbXk currently at 1179 Views 223 Likes 3 Dislikes. It was one shot or take with spotlight overhead and natural lighting.
Well true fans will know that my video was out bang on time as usual, the social media posts and blog are slightly behind as I was preoccupied with more wonderful things.
The video is all that matters. Always do it in advance, and you'll never be late. Put pressure on yourself before so you can relax at deadline time...key tricks from Jakie Jake.
So, Jake's got fans. Yeay. I've been waiting months after I invested the $275 to get a po box to see if anything would come through and when something actually showed up I just had to film it.
I was so happy to get it. To have fans. To have fans who want to send me stuff. Many times I have gotten comments about people saying they wanted to send me or give me things ect, ect but it's one thing for people to write it as a comment or say it to you and actually doing it.
Oh yeah you want to send me something, well I've had this po box for 8 months listed on my about page, but it was this great fan who actually followed through and did send me something. I had to show it. I had to celebrate it, I had to say a special thank you.
Luckily to being from the UK, it gives that first piece of fan mail a true international feel as the UK is across that big pond called the Atlantic Ocean. I have several UK fans as they constitute my third highest viewership base behind the USA and Canada....they flip and flop with Canada for second.
By getting UK items it adds a real sort of mystery as I've never seen anything like this before so you get my real reaction, real surprise, real opinion. When I discovered it was edible things I think it was a great move...to try them on the spot and extend the video. This sort of lazzie faire approach of being able to change and adapt on the fly is a hallmark of many, many, many great preforming artists.
James Dean, famous for his adlibbed lines mid scene, which he refused to retake. Miles Davis, kind of blue, was ad lipped and out of the blue....on the spot changes and moves are key. It's both confidence and natural instincts in front of the camera.
So we have lift off. My fans have a clear way to me. And I think everything starts to change now. We begin a whole new world, a whole new life and it will be a glorious thing.
You know, my job is still and always will be the same. Live the passion, love the camera, make the art everything and just know it will all work out in the end.
Love you darling,
Have a Wonderful Day or Night Fans,
Jake Johnston jakesshowcase@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. That's soo cool Jake! I mean, when I didn't have a job I liked it when people gave me free stuff too! I'm sure James Dean got lots of great free stuff from fans just like you because you're just as great as James Dean but people just don't know about it yet!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.