Tuesday 4 October 2016

Jake Johnston - "It's Getting Harder" Released

Tonight on Jake's Showcase htttps://youtube.com/JakesShowcase I have just released "Jake Johnston - "It's Getting Harder" https://youtu.be/nMRwhtrx73I currently at 4 Views 0 Likes 0 Dislikes. It was the 4 of 8 takes with spotlight and overhead and natural lighting.
Well first of all back to the music after only 4 weeks removed. While I did have other options available with a line of  5 videos prepared I decided to go with the music. But why? Well no doubt overall I already know that if views on a video and or the channel is the main aim going with music videos has not been the right choice, I should go with non music videos for views.
But what do I gain with a music video. Well, first practice. Second musical artist outlet. Third music videos are "safe". What do I mean by safe anyway? Non controversial is what I mean. Sure some may not like my songs, singing, playing or even just the fact it's not the video type that they personally prefer however in the grand scheme of things music is very safe. Hey I love your song, hey I hate your song. These are all so.... opinions. Opinions on artistic expression.
Of course you'd prefer them to like it but whatever. I like it, that's all that matters and I hope other like minded feel the same.
Here I think I did a particularly good job with an extended intro, some style, and the singing except for two mistakes came out well. I give it one of my best and this song is the freshest video I've shot where the other 4 in wait were made before this so this video is closest to present which fans will enjoy.
Real life has taken a major change this week for me. On two fronts. On the only two fronts I really care about. Caught between a rock and a hard place and twinkles. Yes yes.
Anyhow I think this song might be my best yet and would love for it to really take off. I'd say 5000 views would constitute a take off for my music seeing that the high 1500's has been my highest thus far, so 5000 would be a huge hit. Does this song deserve 5000 views? The internet will decide, as always.
Of note too last weeks video only got 840 views breaking my string of 1000 views a week. I think there were two reasons for this A) I had about a minute of silent intro where I just showed footage before I began talking and I think I lost a lot of interest with that and B) I messed around with my channel page Friday and Saturday not allowing "related" portion of my channel to populate and that did not let my channel to be listed on other channels hence my footprint across YouTube was smaller for two days before I reverted.I think in a week or two that video will surpass 1000 anyway continuing my consistency.
Songs, music, safe. Don't worry I'm still there and there's lots of fun and excitement in store and planned on Jake's Showcase. Be patient and enjoy my ride with me. Why would I ever say again 100 million views across the channel here at 1.2 million. Why not? We have to dream....
Darling oh darling oh darling.
Love me,
Have a Wonderful Day or Night Fans,
Jake Johnston jakesshowcase@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.