Friday 4 March 2016

What I Didn't Do Tonight

Tonight on Jake's Showcase http://youtube.com/JakesShowcase my video "How to Fry Eggs -  First Time in Years -  Very Basic for Non-Cooks" https://youtu.be/mTDSVWj3WgI is at 612 Views 65 Likes 3 Dislikes.
Well strangely in the news today is what I didn't do. So all of a sudden in a rush of inspiration I come up with a video idea like I have so many times on my daily marketing walk. Feeling the vibe gathering my thoughts I got home and immediately started working on and shooting a video.
This feeling the vibe thing and moving as quickly as possible to capture it on film as fresh to the source is very very important because it keeps the feeling alive on camera so to speak so that when or if you release it you are doing stuff that is from fresh inspiration and somehow that does come through on the camera.
It was the first video I had shot in a while. In weeks really.
The past few videos we're done not very long ago but in a phase where I was shooting several regularly. I don't exactly remember when this egg frying video was taken but about mid February.
One thing to note and remember is that while it's best to shoot with inspiration and then get it up if you are utilizing any sort of staggered video release pattern like I am and have been just because you made a video doesn't mean it has to be fresh that week. You don't necessarily have to make a video each week you have to release a video each week or more. The camera and footage empower you to put it out when you want and I do recommend somewhat advanced production so you're not stressed about making a video this week, because things come up.
Anyway I didn't put it up tonight. I should have, the view count on the channel was down, low, and to keep that steady flow happening which hastens one million views and ensures it to be within this next week it would have been wise.
But the last several videos have all been over a thousand and this was way short of that and there's a certain part of me that wants to give the video the time to get close at least to those numbers. I want to show some view count consistency especially on these final days.
When newcomers see Jake's Showcase for the first time you want them to see "well over the past several weeks he's always over a thousand views, he must be pretty good, I'll subscribe." Especially at the end here, go out with class.
And while the stoppage of production is truly nostalgic just today that shooting that video that feeling I really enjoy it. If I stop, so does that feeling for the good or bad and I'm not sure I want to say goodbye to that. Plus now I got one extra video on my computer I wasn't planning on what do I do with it, it's no good just sitting on my computer.
So not sure.
Craving your touch more then ever tonight, especially tonight, cause I'm really in the mood.
Have a Wonderful Day or Night Fans,
Jake Johnston jakesshowcase@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. I'm truly happy to hear that inspiration has knocked on your door again, I told you this was just a phase Jake, it's so great that you are coming up with new ideas, and about the secondpart of your post, I sincerely believe that if you are already thinking you are going to miss recording these videos is because throughout these 4 years doing your channel you have developed a deep connection with your fans, you have proven yourself that you can inspire people and change it, just like me, and it also means that what you have turned big, you can turn it into giant, I think the key to succes is your channel, that's the key, once you get more and more followers you could turn into a top youtuber, or maybe if you succes in Youtube it could give you the psychological support to actually grow even more outside of it, imagine it, more following means you can reach more places and get more money, what I'm saying basically is: If you've proven yourself you can get to 1000000 views, apply your philosophy in life and prove yourself you can get 2000000 views, because I really believe in you and your hability to inspire people.

    Honestly, Martin.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.