Tuesday 7 February 2017

Jake Johnston - "I Can't Keep My Eyes Off of You" Released

Tonight on Jake's Showcase https://youtube.com/JakesShowcase I have just released "Jake Johnston - "I Can't Keep My Eyes Off of You" https://youtu.be/sT7sqHsPj3s currently at 71 Views 9 Likes 4 Dislikes. It was the 5th of 5 takes with spotlight, lamp and overhead lighting.
This song I'll admit could have used more practice. The intention was to do a few takes the first day and then maybe listen to it and in a couple of days do a few more takes, learn from the mistakes try to improve where I could and then with about 15 takes pick the best one. However, this fifth take I thought was half decently done and I really lost the energy to do it again and again those couple days later. I thought this was good enough.
You have to remember I am limited in my ability to record and synchronize music to any way shape or form to the point of my full satisfaction because I do not have a music studio, proper microphones, additional instruments, synthesizers, voice tuners and all the other wide variety of musical editing equipment, I have a guitar, stung upside down mind you, and a voice, and and a microphone attached to my $256 almost 5 year old Kodak Playsport camera.
True that doesn't preclude me from practicing again and again and again and pulling off a better performance on a single shot video, however you do have to realize the frustration of recognizing the reality of "how much better can you actually make it" given my constraints and then you deal with the drop in energy that I experienced and you might understand why I went with this.
I found out yesterday I did not get hired at a local call center which was very disappointing because I had the experience, it was something I was good at, it was safe, it paid well for the city I live in and I had a friend with a good reputation and who had been given a promotion on the inside who had recommended and vouched for me. It was a real shot to the loins....and the reason....for real....when they saw and interviewed me they realized I was Jake Johnston from Jake's Showcase. No way not him.
It's hard with you dare to dream, dare to be different to blend into typical corporate culture. You want something more, something different something better and corporations want the same. They want basic statistics, they don't want noise, they don't want standout, they don't want controversy. They want the same.
They don't even want potential, noise, standouts or controversy. Making noise in this town is your death null.
What a poor guy wants to be rich.....well that won't work.....na, find another candidate for me.
I still do have one major job in que but otherwise back to looking tomorrow.
I think big picture if I don't get that big big job it's becoming more and more likely that this will be my life. YouTube, performance, entrepreneurship. Really it already is my life and always will be to some extent because I've chosen the internet as my outlet and that lives forever. In fact it would be pretty cool, I just make videos....oh yeah and I have enough money and some thank you.
Who knows it's a wild life.
Valentines week is next week and my truest love, I think of you darling.
Love me
Have a Wonderful Day or Night Fans,
Jake Johnston  jakesshowcase@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. HAHA it's too bad they didn't hire you Jake you would have been great entertainment at company functions. Anyways, that's their loss. I don't know why you're looking for a job when you make thousands of dollars each month through Youtube. Besides, Youtube won't be the same without your great talents at singing songs, cooking, working out, funny skits, and taking endless walks through the park. You're a dreamer and one of the very few still left in this world. Keep dreaming, dreamy dreamer of the dreaming dreamers.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.